12/31/16

Favourite Movies of 2016 !

I have made videos talking about my favourite Albums of 2016 and the Worst albums of 2016, and now I take the opportunity to talk about my Favorite Movies of 2016 right here on the blog!
I haven't had the chance to see as many movies as I could this year which is a shame but recently I've been catching up to make up this Top 10 list so enjoy and let me know what yours in in the comment section down below !


 10.The Magnificent Seven.
A surprise, I never expected to enjoy this movie as much as I did but when it throws down, the western fights are awesome and the stunt work on the horses is worth noting. Also the cast is pretty sweet ,especially Christ Pratt.

9.Doctor Strange
It wouldn't be a good year without another Marvel Movie, and if Civil War delivered on the action plus the characters we love so much, Doctor Strange opened the doors of a all new universe : magic. And I hope a sequel will come to give more of that because it is pretty sweet.

 8.Hell or high Water
An indie movie I saw many recommend and unfortunately never came out anywhere near where I live so I had to wait for the itunes release, but the wait was worth it. Hell or High water is an experience to get through. Fantastic cast and story telling helps make this movie more than a bank heist movie, it goes beyond and gives an interesting view of Texas.


 7.Zootopia
When I first saw the trailer for Zootopia I expected an animated movie that would be great for kids,and not so much for grown ups and I couldn't have been more wrong. Zootopia is a touching animated movie that touches on very deep issues in our society with incredible passion and gorgeous animation and characters that are the best.


6.Star Trek Beyond
This Summer of 2016 was really boring and Star Trek Beyond came as a breath of fresh air. Not only is it fun, but it pays hommage to other ST productions quite nicely with a cast that always works so well together and Anton Yelchin will be dearly missed.

5.Kubo and the two strings
Another animated movie that got me emotionally touched, Kubo and the Two Strings is a little gem of animation with incredible visuals and a story that is touching and easy to get into, but it shines mostly mostly through the characters and their link together.


4.Everybody wants some!!
Bring on the late 70s/early 80s nostalgia (even though I'm a 90s kid) but Everybody Wants Some!! has such a cool and chill story to itself. Not only is the soundtrack the best but the cast and the story manage to give quite a look on white american masculinity that is worth exploring and analyzing. 


3.Rogue One : A Star Wars Story.
Always wanted to know what happened before Episode IV A New Hope ? Well this new SW movie brings all the answers carried by incredible special effects and characters worth getting invested into. May the force be with us.


2.Captain America Civil War
Pretty much the movie we all waited for, especially after the must-see Winter Soldier, Cap 3 is a movie that went beyond my expectations. Not only do we have incredible characters and story but we finally have Spider-Man with all of the other big guys and that's a delight on screen and for the fan that I am.

1.Hunt for the wilderpeople
Taika Waititi is one of my favorite directors right now and after the delightful What we do in the Shadows, Hunt for the Wilder people keeps this freshness about his direction and his ability to cast incredible actors no matter what with a story that managed to be entertaining and thoughtful.




No comments:

Post a Comment